It’s that time of year. Lots of lists, lots of tasks, and hopefully a good dose of merriment to go with those lists and tasks. I don’t know if it’s a sign of my age, but I’ve found that an increasing number of people on my gift giving list don’t really seem to want or need a present from me. They want my presence (which is flattering), and I’ve found over the last few years that if my presence is accompanied by something to eat, the greeting I receive is all the warmer. In looking back through our posts, I see we have quite a collection of treats that are great to share with friends and family and that still provide some nutrition during this season of culinary madness (check out this post for some healthy holiday tips).
And so a bit of a roundup for those of you who are preparing to get baking, who need some ideas for gift giving, or who are invited to all manner of holiday celebrations at which you do NOT wish to arrive empty handed. Healthier treats galore!
Perfectly Packable Gifty Treats
1. No Bake Brownie Balls (GF,DF)- dark chocolate taste, low sugar joy, great gift for a dark chocolate loving adult
2. Healthy Pumpkin Cookies (GF,DF) - sweet enough to feel like a treat, healthy enough to do the bod some good
3. Sweet Potato Cookies with Walnuts and Dark Chocolate Chips (GF,DF) - fantastically delish healthy cookies
4.Crancherry, Almond, & White Chocolate Cookies (GF,DF) – slightly sweeter than many of our other cookies – a great starter cookie for a lifetime of healthier treats
5. Intensely Good Banana Bread Mini-Loaves (DF) – not your grandmother’s banana bread (which I’m sure is divine), this puppy packs some molasses for a spicy edge and an iron boost. Lovely gifted in mini loaf pans (because WHO doesn’t want mini bakeware?!)
6. Healthier Holiday Fudge (GF,DF) – Oh yes, it’s that good. Nobody will call you a health whack for this one…
7. 2 Ingredient Caramel Fudge (GF,DF) - WHAT DID SHE SAY?! Yes, 2 ingredients.
8. Roasted Chili Lime Nuts (GF,DF) – I’ve heard tell there are folks who prefer savory snacks. Ok, I admit it, I’m even related to a couple. A tin of these babies will knock their unsweet socks off.
9. Nut Butter Bliss Balls (GF,DF) – Pleasing normal treat eaters everywhere… or at least in parts of Tennessee and Maryland
If You’re To “Bring Dessert”
10. Cranberry Apple Pecan Crumble (GF,DF) – Easy for you, delish for everyone.
11. Cocoanutty Good Bars (GF,DF) – No it’s not your imagination, I served these bars as cake and it was a huge success. Drooling a little, and I guess you didn’t need to know that.
12. Pumpkin Pudding (GF,DF) – Bigg Sis wondered what would happen if you stopped worrying so much about the pie crust… and it was good.
Well, there it is. Now you have a pretty good idea what’s going to be going on at my house for the next few weeks. Here’s hoping your house is full of delicious and healthful food and wonderful people.